Wednesday 21 July 2010

Brighouse 0 – 5 FC Halifax Town, 17/07/10 + the future of this blog.


Share/Bookmark


Not all of us "get" going to friendlies and that's fair enough. But to people like me, the close season seems to take longer and longer to get through, even when the World Cup's on.

The away trip to Brighouse is a warm-up for what us fans are going to see in the next nine-and-a-half months, and a warm-up exercise for our players. It was good to see Taylor put four in, and Holland the other, ie. two debutants scoring, and it wasn't good to see the dreadful food on offer: apparently the steak sarnies were diabolical, and my choice would've been an unbuttered bap. A mostly new set of legs came on for the second half, including a young hopeful trialist 'keeper name of Proctor, an ex-Preston NE youth and Rossendale lad. Looking forward to see us test ourselves against Droylsden this weekend, if I can get to it.

I'm largely in Halifax from 10th August to 28th September, assuming this and that. If I'm very lucky however I'll get a place in a university in London where I'll be from then on. Things haven't been generous to those with aspiration this side of 1979, but I rate a high-class education above watching three quarters of the games of team I adore for a few years. In this situation, I'll be going up to Halifax on weekends to watch the games I want to see more (Bankrupt Park Avenue, FCUM, Whitby, Marine, other big games (hell, they all are, always)).

So I'll be a Shayman Down South. I may become a bit of a groundhopper and bore you about the footballing lives of southern fairies. I'll give the news when it comes in.

I might be able to convince my brother to write for FTS or for the fanzine I've heard rumours about re-emerging, but he's having none of it at the moment.

'Til the next one.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment